Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11/20/09 and 11/21/09

Dear Family-

I know it hasn't been that long since I got here or even since I've written but time is weird here.The phrase I heard that fits perfectly is "The days go by like weeks and the weeks go by like days." I haven't been here for that long but it seems like it's been forever.

The days here are super packed. The food is doing strange things to me. Think me on my worst days for farting. It's pretty bad, but I think I'm adjusting. Portuguese is coming along. We've already learned basic prayer and testimonies. I really look forward to language studies.

Each week every Elder in our branch is supposed to prepare a five minute talk in Portuguese. On Sunday they will randomly ask two elders to speak. That has me a little worried. Mostly because I don't have a whole lot of time to prepare. I'm sure I will have more time in the following weeks, but it seems like every waking moment has something planned.

Being District Leader takes away a good chunk of time as well. I have I think three extra meetings due to this. I only hope the Lord will prove me equal to my call.

My District is really strong though. We have two elders who are already mostly fluent in Brazilian Portuguese, my companion being one, two elders fluent in Spanish and the rest of us have had at least a year or two in another language.

It's interesting to me me because since I've started learning Portuguese, my German has come back in force. It's not perfect, but I sometimes find myself thinking and praying in German. I hope it doesn't get mixed up and confuse me.

Anyways, today is the first unofficial P-day. Unofficial because we had class this morning and the schedule is all whack. MAKE SURE TO UPDATE MY BLOG. You should post on there to send me letters through Dearelder.com. It's free while I'm in the MTC. Also, post my address on my blog. You guys rock! - Elder Canute Peterson

Dear Family-

Man, the MTC is great! I'm so excited to learn more about the gospel and Portuguese! My companion is Elder Teilor. He's from Orem but his parents are from Brazil, so he's pretty close to fluent in Brazilian Portuguese. That will definitely be a blessing in my education.

I was called as the District Leader for my district. Let me just tell you this, anyone who aspires to a calling is nuts. I know the Lord will qualify those He calls but that doesn't stop me from being crazy nervous.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I arrived safely. Matt Hendrickson should be sending my phone home. Give my love to the siblings who are abroad. Sincerely, Elder Canute Peterson

P.S. My return address is my MTC mailing address

P.P.S. DearElder.com is free while I'm in the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment