Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 2 and going strong

Dear Family,

First of all, thank you to those of you who wrote me. Thank you to Grant for sending my one and only Dear Elder/paper letter, and although you won't get this email, hopefully you will read it on my blog, thank you Karalee for the cookies. BTW you never gave me a return address so I could write an official thank you letter.

My mailing address, if you don't have it already is:
Elder Canute Russell Peterson
MTC Mailbox #170
CAP-VDP 0119
2005 N.900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

My estimated departure date is January 19, 2010.

Also, could I have my line of priesthood authority emailed/mailed to me? I know Neal has it because he has emailed it to me before. Also, I forgot to bring a pedrigee chart with me. Grant has one on his computer so if Christian could find that for me, change Grant's name to mine on the chart and send it that would be awesome.

Mom- The Scripture I want to use is Alma 29:9.

Merilee- I have my driving record already. Remember? That's what we did Monday. Also, believe it or not I haven't even thought about computers or computer games for more than a minute at a time and as far as I can think never more than once a day if that. It really is just all about losing yourself in the work.

As far as last Tuesday, I just flew out here, had Dinner with Layne, Brandon, Brooke, and Brenna, got to Matt's apartment and met with/called people till bed time.

Time moves weirdly here at the MTC so I don't know what I have or haven't already told you in emails or letters. I have seen Elder Eric Arnett here and I got some pictures with him. He gave me copies and I will be sending them home with a letter. On Tuesday we got to listen to Elder Dallin H. Oaks. That was awesome.

Thanksgiving was good. We had dinner for lunch and had sack lunches for dinner. That was fine. It was actually a welcome change of pace. We had Elder Jeffery R. Holland speak in the morning which was cool. He answered some questions that Elders had sent in. It was neat. He was a lot more laid back and relaxed than I've ever seen him. Probably because I've only ever seen him in General Conference.

I was able to play soccer the other day on the Missionary Field which was really fun. Most days I have gym in the morning when it's too cold and dark to go to the field, but it was a nice warm day on wednesday. woot.

Anyways, thanks for all the emails and such. Keep me posted. My time is running short. We only get 30 minutes here instead of an hour. Put your faith in the Lord and you will not be led astray.

~Elder Canute Russell Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment