Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Week Has Flown Away...







Dear Family,

Is it just me or does time disappear? There is always just too much to do and not enough time to do it. And it doesn't help when people miss their appointments for whatever reason. Blah. That's not cool.

What's also not cool, but it's kind of funny, is when parents use their kids to screen door approaches. You''ll knock and a kid will open the door. You'll ask if their parents are home and they'll go inside and ask their parents if they are home. Then they'll come back and tell us that they aren't home. What's interesting is when you knock and hear an adult yell ``who is it? And you call out "Elders`` and then a kid opens the door and says no one is home. Man, people here.

But at least we are teaching. I hear about other missions that you only teach 5 lessons a week which is crazy. If we teach less than 20 we're slacking. And that's in the office. Well, there are some areas here that are a little more tough, but man I can't imagine. The challenge here is to get people to realize that we have something they don't that will drastically improve their lives and get them motivated to do something about it. Here we can teach almost anyone, but it's a lot more difficult to get them to make changes in their lives.
The two biggest problems here are Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity. And they are huge here. So, that's something we have to work with a lot. Man it's crazy how many drunk people we run into on the streets every day, and weekends and holidays are worst. It's interesting the missionary handbook says that weekends and holidays are the best days to find people at home with their families. Here it's almost the opposite. The weekends and holidays everyone is out partying and getting wasted. And that's another thing, we really have to watch the recent converts and even members because sometimes they'll fall into temptation and do those things during holidays too.

But the work is progressing. And I'm still in Africa. Just in case you forgot.

Christian- Write me you bum.

Bonnie- Write me you bum.

Cookie- What's up? How's life? Id like to hear from you.

America- How are the kids? What's your housing situation? I'd like to hear from you.

Sarah- That superhero game packlett I got a few weeks ago was sweet. Emails are sweet too.

Neal- Thanks for the email.

Josh- Write me you bum.

Mom- I'm doing fine, but I haven,t gotten any letters or packages from home in the last month or so.

Dad- Tell me how the Fathers and Sons camp out goes.

Grant- Good luck in Alaska

Merilee- Don't eat or drink anything that looks iffy, no matter what anyone else says.

All of My Other Friends- Please write your poor suffering (for information about your lives) friend in Africa. I really don't have as much contact with the real world as you probably think.

Loves and Kisses to all.

Your Favorite
~Elder Peterson (of the Canutey deliciousness variety)

Oh and the pictures.
So, obviously I spend a lot of time drawing. That's what much of my lunch time goes to these days. I really should be taking naps.
I also got a real haircut last P-day. I was so excited I took pictures. I really honestly don't like the buzz cut look on me. Missionary standard is more my style.
And I just had to include a picture of our magical Narnia key. That's the key to the Mission Office. oh yea.
Then there's my lovely desk space. See anything you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment