Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tarrafal










Dear Family,

Today is P-day and we had an office activity. This is my first activity here in the mission. Usually each zone will have a Zone Activity each transfer. My first transfer our Zone Leaders waited until the last minute to try to plan an activity so it didn´t happen. Then last transfer I was part of an emergency transfer so it didn´t happen last transfer either. So this is my first. It was pretty awesome.

We started early this morning. I woke up at about 5:30 so I could have time to shower and shave before we headed out. We caught a Hiace at around 6:45 and arrived in Tarrafal at around 8:15-ish. First thing we did was head out into the surf for a nice swim. Ok, that´s what we would all have liked to do, but we didn´t. We know and obey the mission rules. Man, I really wanted to go swimming though. I´m trying to send some pictures today, but I may not get them until next time. But when I do, you´ll see what I mean. This place is sweet.

The first beach was nice. The sand was fine, the water was nice and the locale was beautiful. The second beach was realy cool. First of all, the sand was black. Also, there were palm trees and mango trees around. It was really a tropical place. Not like the city of Praia. This looked like what you´d imagine an African Island to look like.

We also went through this old water pipe tunnel to try and find this other small more secret beach. Once we got through the tunnel, we saw that the descent would be a little more difficult than anticipated, so only Elder Wardell and I made the journey. It was a cool little beach. I also got some sea shells which I may send home. Yea, all of your friends will be jealous.

Then I had a mang fresh off the tree. It was delicious. Mangos are really good.

After all of this fun we had we needed to go back to Praia to actually prepare, hence Preparation day. When we started trying to find a Hiace to take us back, a bunch of hiace drivers started to fight over who should get to drive us. They were all arguing and trying to convince us to go in their hiace. But this is understandable because there were 8 of us, which is quite a few. That really helps to fill a hiace when you already have several people. Unfortunately the Hiace we chose didn´t give me any leg room, so it was a very uncomfortble 2 hour ride home.

Then we had to clean ourselves, then clean our house. Next we have to but food for next week and then we get to go teach. Woo!

Pictures:
The first is a picture I drew in the MTC of my MTC district and our teachers. I only just finished coloring it this past week.
The rest are pictures of Tarrafal and our adventures. I took many many more, but you´ll have to wait for me to send the thumb drive home to see all of them.

Also, mom, I got your package yesterday. It was awesome. Thanks.

Loves,

~Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment