Sunday, June 20, 2010

Luscious Locks







Dear Family,

Today I´m getting a haircut. This is a little sad for me since I just now got my hair to where I like it. But I do need a trim and transfers are coming up, so I may as well go the whole 9 yards. Anyways, pictures are attached of my luscious locks. Enjoy.

I also attached pictures of the most interesting phenomenon, namely two bananas in one skin. I thought it was the coolest thing. If only I had had ice cream I could´ve had the coolest banana split ever. Alas.

So this past week has been full of office work. As missionaries we have certain key indicators that we use to help us focus our efforts. Our numbers for key indicators are really low so far. But, as Preach My Gospel says, the measure of a missionaries success is not in the numbers. I guess that´s especially true for office Elders. As for today, I am in the office in between errands that are encroaching on my P-day. I am really going to enjoy having real p-days when I get out of here. Which I think may be this next transfer. I will certainly be ready to leave.

In other news, this week a lot more people sent me news, which is good. I finally heard from Bonnie down in Texas. Bonnie, church isn´t just a place to find boys even if they do outnumber the girls 8 to 1.

Back at home I hear that the normal summer work is in full bloom. Mowing, dirting, weeding, stuff. Mom wants Grant to get another job to get him off the computer. From what I hear from Grant, he´s doing plenty of normal people things like sports, biking, and working. Sometimes socializing as well. Ah well, I don´t have that problem right now. Which is pretty nice.

Unfortunately I don´t have any really interesting or new news. No baptisms, no visitors from out of town, no emergency transfers, no emergency room visits. Just the little by little corporate takeover of my life, i.e. The office taking all of my proselyting time. Well, we did have a division the other day which was pretty nice. I don´t have any major problems with my companion, but he´s the first I´ve had for more than one and half transfers, and the second transfer with the same companion is a lot different than the first. I´m sure I will have several more companions for multiple transfers so this is a learning experience. But it was nice to be with another Elder for a day. Being with your companion is great, but after a while of 24/7 contact, sometimes you just want to be alone. All of you who have served missions know what I´m talking about. Those of you who haven´t, imagine being with someone, even a really good friend, all day every day for even just a week. Thankfully the Lord really smooths a lot of things out. I know for a fact that I would not have been able to sustain that sort of contact with anyone before my mission. But now it´s just part of the job. It´s not an issue most of the time. Just those times when I sit back and start to think of myself and allow a little selfishness to creep in. I´m working on avoiding that. It´s part of the process.

Well, my times up. Thanks to all of you who wrote.

Love you,

~Elder Peterson








No comments:

Post a Comment