Wednesday, November 24, 2010

They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard!



















Dear Family,
Today we climbed the volcano again. Mount Doom was conquered once again! Also, the computer I´m using right now is amazing. So that´s why I´m attaching so many pictures. Most of them are from the volcano, but I did attach some other pictures of me and my current companion in addition to one of me and Elder Silva who was my companion last transfer.
Today was very difficult. I did remember to lather on sunscreen so only the backs of my hands got burnt. Hm.... We had 2 sisters climb with us but they did well. They didn´t climb as fast as most of the Elders, but the pace they set was actually very nice. I would know because I led the rear, being the responsible Zone Leader and all.
This time it was all sunny and bright. However, despite what you´d think it wasn´t hot. In fact with the wind it was a little chilly. It was a good thing it didn´t rain. Also, this time we entered into the mouth of the volcano. Climbing out of the mouth was very hard. Climbing the outside we had paths and secure rocks to help us. Climbing out of the mouth we were climbing hand and foot up a downward slope made up of very small rocks. So for every step we took we got up 1/4 a step. This after having just climbing a volcano. My thighs were killing me.
This time we descended the other side of the volcano. I got plenty of pictures and video of running down. It appears I also got plenty of tiny little rocks in the mechanism of my camera. It still works so far, but when it opens and closes it makes a grinding type noise. I wince every time. My joker face is awesome. The picture of 4 in 1 is actually taken from a video clip of me running down the volcano. I turned the camera towards me and apparently made some funny faces. Go figure.
The rest of the past week was also challenging. We walked a lot and knocked on a lot of doors. We still managed to teach a good bit, but not nearly what we normally do. On wednesday we go to Brava. So I hope you´re ready for more pictures from there. I plan on using this place again.
Mom, you wanted to know what I want in my next package. Send Ice pops. Or Otter-pops as they are known in Utah. The popsicles that come in the long skinny sleeve thing. If you can. That would be pro. Thanks.
Love to all of you awesome people. Please be more awesome by writing.
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment