Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



Dear Family,

It was awesome talking to those of you who happened to be on yesterday. For the rest of you, it will have to wait until November. More than anything it was nice to chat and here peoples' voices. Especially Christian and Josh who at first I thought were both Grant. In fact for a few minutes I just thought that Grant was talking a lot. Then I figured out that it was just a couple of Grant Dopplegangers. Or something to that affect. Also I saw a picture of Christian from his Prom. And I thought it looked like someone had pasted his face on someone else's body. Christian isn't really that tall is he? Also, Christian, I saw your Ultimate Frisbee Club shirt and I want one. So, just saying.

This past week was good. I went on a division with the District Leader here in Mindelo. I went to his area. I don't know what it is about divisions, but for some reason none of the investigators ever keep their appointments. Divisions tend to be kind of crappy for lack of a better word. But on Thursday, Elder Smith hit his 1 year mark. We celebrated. Good stuff.

We also had a baptism this weekend. A kid named El Madani. He's really cool. In the picture is him, his dad, my comp and I. Keeping the good work moving. And there is a lot more to it than baptisms like anyone who has served a mission knows. That's just the exciting part which is why I share it with you.

Christian and Josh- I want news and pictures.

Thanks to all for support and love and stuff.

~Elder Canute



No comments:

Post a Comment