Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tired






This last week left me really tired. On Wednesday we went to Santo Antao for a division. It went well. But we traveled quite a bit. We had an hour and some boat ride there followed by a 45 minute van ride to Ponte do Sol. We worked a little with the Elders there and the next morning we took another van ride to Porto Novo where we had our District meeting before taking another boat ride home. For some reason, boat rides make me tired. But I've ridden many boats since I've been here and It's never affected my week so much. Fortunately, today I'm feeling better.
It was crazy on Friday doing planning again. It felt like the Dear Family,
week had disappeared, mostly because of the division. But Friday we had a good day of work. Saturday wasn't as busy but we still did some good things. Like having a baptism interview for one of our investigators. Later that night we got asked to help with a youth activity. Since our appointment for that time had unmarked with us, we decided to help them. It was pretty neat. It was the whole blindfold the youth then have different leaders telling them to do certain things and they have to chose which voice to listen to and what path to follow or whatever. Those that chose wisely went to a room with snacks and a tv showing Tom and Jerry cartoons. Those who chose poorly went to a room that just had chairs. My comp and I were the door guards of those rooms not letting anyone in or out unless the Youth Leaders said. It's the whole quality of choice type thing I guess.
Sunday was Cape Verde's Mother Day and Workers day. So it wasn't very productive.
Speaking of Mother's day, I think it might work best if Dad tried skyping again on Sunday. You could try using the better microphone and only having the people that want to listen in the room. Otherwise the background noise gets too loud. But I think due to everyone's schedules Sunday would be best. But the internet places aren't usually open on Sunday so you would have to call me. My number is 238-993-3444. If that doesn't work you could try texting me or something.
The pictures- One is a really big centipede we saw on the way to a lesson. One is a sunken boat we saw coming back from Santo Antao. The other is a massive Cruise ship we saw on the way to Santo Antao.
Loves to all!
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment