Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Routine

Dear Family,

It doesn´t exist. My routine I mean. Last saturday we were going to do missionary type work but we received a call to arms to the office. Our mission president, President Oliveira went to Germany for a Europe Area Mission President training. He received news of misconduct by a missionary so he called us to stay with that missionary until he got back from Germany to make sure that nothing bad could happen before president could talk to this missionary. The problem was that we have 2 missionaries with the same last name. And President wasn´t 100% clear on which one was the one. So we asked. and he said the one here in Praia. So saturday morning we picked this missionary up, dropped his companion off with the Zone Leaders and went back to our house to finish studies. This whole time the missionary we picked up had no idea what was going on. But other missionaries heard what was going down. It´s hard not to with this many missionaries in such close proximity. Then the missionary that had told President Oliveira about the misconduct called us and told us we had the wrong guy. So we then spent most of saturday trying to get a hold of President to see what he wanted us to do. We ended up buying flights and running around the rest of saturday.

Sunday we had a division type deal. I went out and taught in our area with one missionary and Elder Moreira(my comp) taught with that missionary´s comp. But despite 2 groups working in our area that afternoon, that was the worst week as far as number of lessons I´ve had yet in my mission. I think we taught 8 all week. Granted we were not even on our island for 4 days, then we had P-day, then we had Saturday(see above).

Monday we picked up President´s son from the airport. He had just finished his mission in Brazil and was coming home to here. But President Oliveira was still in Germany so Elder Moreira and I picked him up. Then we took him to the beach for our Zone Activity(kind of a half p-day for us). Then in the afternoon we went into the office and Elder Moreira and I worked on Transfer things while President´s son slept in the spare bedroom here. Then at midnight we went to the airport to pick up President and Sister Oliveira.

Tuesday morning we had a meeting with President. In the afternoon we taught. Wednesday we had a meeting with President in the morning where we made transfers. Then we had district meeting. Then we taught. At one of our appointments, an investigator gave us some cake and juice. It didn´t do anything to me, but Elder Moreira got sick as a dog. He woke up several times during the night to throw up. Thursday morning (yesterday) President called us in to the office to make the flight list so the Sister secretaries could buy the flights for transfers. my companion was still way sick so I basically ended up doing everything. In the afternoon I had to take another missionary to the airport and pick another up. And the sisters needed to do flight things as well. Since I was kind of in the thick of everything I ended up helping a lot with that as well. So we didn´t teach yesterday. And we didn´t have power last night. And now that I mention that, we haven´t had power just about every other night for the past month. It´s way obnoxious. But it´s life.

Thanks for the emails and help and stuff.

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment