Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting in the Groove

Dear Family,

To clear up some doubts raised by certain persons, this island currently has 4 missionaries. 2 Elders and 2 Sisters. we share.

This past week has been interesting. We were able to work with a lot of members again showing that our first week wasn´t a fluke. That´s a relief. I´m working on leading out strong while my companion is dying on me. He goes home on Friday.

Last monday we had a branch FHE on temples. It made me think of something a companion I had used to say, "The gospel makes me trunky." Which when you talk about temples and being with your family forever, it´s hard not to think about your family. Speaking of which, I had an idea. We should do a family temple trip this Christmas. That would rock. Oh, and I´m still waiting to hear if the ward will be doing a Thanksgiving temple trip this year. The possibility of my attending, if they have it, is quite good. As far as my information shows.

I woke up in the middle of the night sick. That´s unpleasant. If you don´t get an email from me next week it means I died. If you do, it means that sicknesses in the mission are mere annoyances. That don´t feel very good. And when you stay home sick there´s not really anything to do so you´re not only not feeling well, but bored out of your mind. Not to mention your companion. The nurse recommends I follow the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce (which isn´t available here), and Toast. Oh goody.

Anyways, I´m tired but I´m doing all right. It is good to hear from the siblings. It´s good that Bonnie got such a good job which happened to fit her specific training and education. So yay. It´s also good that she wrote about it.

Love,

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment