Friday, July 23, 2010

I Had Things to Say, I Just Forgot

Dear Family,

I had all sorts of ideas of things to say to the family. And then I started reading emails and responding to them and totally forgot what I was going to say. But that´s ok.

Oh yea, one thing was that Grant is in Alaska. Since he´s out there he has seen several cool looking totem poles and he suggested that I design one for our family. Ok, that sounds like a fun little thing I could work on during P-days. I plan on using the different animals to represent the members of the family. What I would like to know from you is if you have any requests on what animal I use to represent you. I don´t want any hurt feelings. Although, I think Mom will be a goat by default. Unless you have any objections Mom. And me being crazy like I am started thinking that it would be neat for us to have a Peterson Coat of Arms. Now if we happen to already have one and I am merely uninformed, someone let me know and send a copy. If not, I think I may design one of those for us as well. Strictly on P-days of course. But with that if any of you have any ideas for symbols I could use, or if you know what different colors symbolize or anything as far as that goes, my resources to that sort of thing are limited.

This last week President told me that he will be opening a new area on the island of Brava this next transfer. That will be cool. There haven´t been missionaries on that island for at least a year or so. It will be interesting to see who reopens that island. It will be quite the challenge. I hear you can only get to the island by boat and the boats only go to the island every few days or so. Exotic, exciting!

Early on in the mission I used to write interesting things in my planner so I would remember things to say. That is a practice I haven´t used in a while. Maybe I should start using it again to keep my emails interesting.

For example, one of the youth in our branch reminds me of Peyton Walker. It´s uncanny. And the other day I saw a little girl with no arms.

Well, unfortunately I have nothing else to say. Which is kind of fortunate because my time is out anyways.

Thanks for all your various updates!
Love,

~Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment