Saturday, July 10, 2010

Newsies


















Dear Family,

It is wonderful to have received a million and a half 3 page emails. I love it. Unfortunately for you unlucky tucks, I have significantly less time to write due to your having written me. But that's ok. You all already know what I'm doing.

Last week I told you about my adventure in Assomada. This week I'm sending proof. I'm also attaching the latest in my series of 'office party' pictures. I am also sending pictures from the baptism we had last week. Woot!

This past week has been really chill in the office which is nice. Our proselyting hours have been pretty difficult though. A lot of appointments have been falling through which has meant a lot of walking. If it's not one, it's the other. Oh well.

Also, something that I don't think I've mentioned before but is interesting/idiotic here is that they put the stop lights (all 2 of them) right over your head instead of across the street. So the person at the front of the lane can't see what color the light is. Not the smartest design choice.

Anyways, most of the exciting stuff happened last week, and they say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm sending a really long letter... in pictures.

~Elder Peterson

An explanation of the pictures:
I saw this house that was covered completely in this crazy tile and I thought it was absolutely ridiculous.
I saw this pool of really green water. I hope no one drinks that stuff.
I saw this mule driven something without a mule. But it was cool.
We found this really big tree. So we climbed it.
Then we got a ride in a truck. That was cool.
We heard there were monkeys in the mountains, so off we went.
Then we found this pirate guy. That was pretty funny.
I found a goat and held it for a picture. There you go mom. Goats in africa.
This guy led us up the mountain to where the monkeys were.
We climbed to the top of the peak on the left.
Me conquering the mount.
View from the mountain.
I got a nasty sunburn.
We had a baptism the next day. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment