Thursday, December 9, 2010

To Infinity, and Beyond!

Dear Family,
If you look at that saying in a gospel light, it´s very profound. Just saying.
So this week has been hard. Again. This is easily my hardest transfer so far. Tuesday we had a full day marked. So we went out in the morning to teach our lessons but Elder Brown was having some serious back pain. We managed to teach in the morning, which went well, but in the afternoon Elder Brown was a man down. (I´m such a poet.) We still don´t know what the cause was. But I ended up arranging with a member to walk with me and one to stay with Elder Brown so I could do some work done. Unfortunately, all of our afternoon appointments fell through so we didn´t end up doing anything anyways. Well, that is if you count walking and doing contacts doing nothing. The most frustrating thing about this whole thing is that we work so hard but have nothing to show for it.
Wednesday we went to Praia for Zone Leaders´ council. We had a very rushed but very good lunch in Sucupira. Basically the Cape Verde fast food. Only not only did we get the food fast but we had to eat it fast because there were a bunch of other people around wanting to eat. Elder Brown was supposed to go to a Dermatologist after the Council because of a back rash he has had for the past several transfers. But the power was out and when we got there the dermatologist wasn´t there. And since we went back to Fogo the next morning, we didn´t have time to get it checked out. Elder Brown was super unhappy because he has had this rash for quite some time and he´s sick of it.
Thursday we had absolutely nothing marked so we did contacts literally the entire afternoon. Those of you who have served missions already know that that is a very unpleasant, difficult time. Those of you that haven´t served missions have no idea. But it is the worst.
Also, I´m playing the piano for the branch choir. That can be frustrating but I see it as an opportunity to practice patience. And count my blessings that I am not tone deaf. I give the people an A for effort but...
On a side note, I´m so good looking it almost makes me sick.
Oh, and can I get Cookie´s and America´s addresses by next week? I´m trying to send out Christmas cards so they will get places before Christmas.
Thanks for being you.
Elder Canute

No comments:

Post a Comment