Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Week







Dear Family,
This week has been interesting. And good. Let´s go.
First of all this week we went to Brava again for a baptism interview. The sea was really rough. On the way over to Brava I did fine. In fact, in all the travels I have done between Brava and Fogo, I hadn´t had any problems feeling sick or anything. I think this may have been due in part to the fact that up to this point we had always made the trip sitting on the outside of the boat. On the way back to Fogo we made the trip inside the boat. Ugh... It was the worst. I attached a picture showing how we all felt and one of the porthole showing the sea outside. That trip made me feel so sick that it ruined the rest of the day for us. But I´m proud to say that I didn´t throw up during or after the trip.
Also, during the past few days we witnessed police aprehending some hooligans. There wasn´t a struggle, but it was interesting to see. What was also interesting to see were the chickens roosting in a tree. Picture attached.
And I had a very strange dream the other day. In this dream I was Aquaman. I don´t know if any of you know anything about Aquaman but he´s basically one of the most useless super heroes. His powers are: He can breathe underwater, he can swim fast, and he can talk to fish. So... useless. I´m not sure why I was aquaman in this dream. But it was a bizarre dream.
In other news I learned a huge lesson in humility the other day. To make a long story short, we went to a lesson expecting great results and ended up getting knocked on our tushies. It´s difficult teaching the learned. It´s very true the scripture that says if you don´t have the spirit you will not teach. I think that´s in D&C 42:14 or somewhere in the surrounding area. Anyways, our plans didn´t go as planned. God always wins be we don´t. Blah.
Enjoy pictures of me and my companion reading the scriptures and pondering deeply.
~Elder Canute

No comments:

Post a Comment