Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All in White







Dear Family,
This past weekend we had a baptism. Baptism are always awesome. What made this baptism so much cooler is that Stefanha is the little sister of the girl we baptised in September. I added a picture of our convert, her brother, me, and my comp who baptised her. He forgot his tie and since we were running late we just did without. I also added a picture of me and Elder Brown at the little mini party they had after the baptism and a picture of Tino, our convert´s little brother. He´s the funniest little kid. I´m probably going to end up leaving this area next week at transfers so this was a satisfying end of my time here.
The other picture is of soccer this morning. We were planning to go to the Volcano again for our Zone Activity, but it just didn´t work out. So instead we got the Elders together and played soccer and then we ate lunch while watching a movie. It was fun. Really.
Yesterday I had a really interesting experience which really strengthened my faith and my testimony. I don´t know how many of you read Shauna Kennedies emails, but in her letter that Dad forwarded to me she related an experience of an investigator bringing a Pastor from a different faith to their appointment. In it he challenged the truth of the Book of Mormon and asserted to have God´s authority and such. She closed by saying that instead of having her testimony hurt by this attack it was strengthened. I had an experience which, while the details vary, is in essence the same. Unfortunately I don´t have time to tell the whole story, but long story short I have never been more sure that Thomas S. Monson is God´s prophet and that God works through the authorized channels for the benefit of His children. The Book of Mormon is true and the Bible is true as far as it is translated correctly. Joseph Smith was God´s prophet who restored His church. Satan is at work. And he would like to sift us as wheat. So we must watch and pray always.
Stay strong!
Elder Canute

No comments:

Post a Comment