Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Clean Home is a Happy Home






Dear Family,

My new companion came in like a storm. I kept my house pretty clean. But it was mostly just a surface job. Sweeping, mopping, wiping down, all in the visible type spots. With Elder Smith we have been going in and doing some deep cleaning. We've rearranged our room, got rid of a lot of clutter in our house and have just made it a nicer cleaner happier place. And we just got started. The goal is to make our apartment more than just a place we stay for a transfer, but to make it our home.

This past week we also had our District Conference here in Mindelo. The Madrid Temple Presidente and his wife (pictures attached) were there and spoke. But they spoke in Spanish. I was surprised at how well I understood the Spanish. It wasn't 100% but I got enough to be edified by their talks. I also spoke. It was a little nerve wracking to speak in front of so many people in Portuguese, but the Spirit was able to do some good with me. Because of the Conference we had a few Elders from another island staying at our house for the weekend. We tried to be hospitable and offered some of our food but they stretched the limits of our hospitality by eating all of our food. Apparently they didn't realize that we didn't get extra money for having them over. Oh well, we're not starving yet.

The work is coming along. and it will continue to do so.

I did get the beans and package from home sent in February, so thanks a bunch.

Loves to all,

Elder Canute

No comments:

Post a Comment