Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pi Day






Dear Family,

Happy 3.14 day. And I was thinking the other day and the phrase 'beware the ides of march' concerning Ceaser's betrayal and murder came to my mind. For some reason I thought the 'ides of march' may have been the 14th. But don't quote me on that. In fact, if I'm wrong, correct me. I don't want to be making incorrect references while trying to sound smart.

This past week as, i mentioned in my last email, was Carnaval. We spent the day in our house with the other Elders in our District. We made a ton of food and played card games all day. Most of us had stomache aches for the following few days because we ate so much. But it was good. Surprisingly the days following Carnaval passed without incident. Normally here any holiday is followed by at least several days of after parties. But apparently not this time. Although I have been awoken at least twice this week by bad techno at 4 am. Not my favorite.

This week was transfers. Elder Olson went to Praia and I'm am now serving in my same area with Elder Smith. He's a cool Elder from Cedar City Utah. I'm looking forward to this transfer.

I would like to thank Mom for making a paper letter writing assignment list for the fam. And thank those who have already sent them. I have received several to my delight.

Thanks to all for writing and such.

Elder Canute

No comments:

Post a Comment