Monday, March 28, 2011

The Great Wall




Dear Family,

Today Elder Smith and I spent about an hour or so cleaning one of the walls in our kitchen. It needed it. We'll probably be going through and cleaning some of the other walls in the coming weeks. The problem is it kills our arms but I guess that's the price you pay for a good looking house.

Last week I went to Praia for another meeting. It went well. Presidente Neves talked to us about finding new investigators. Elder Smith and I returned to Mindelo ready to talk to everyone and we did. Unfortunately, no one wanted to talk to us. Of 35 contacts 4 people let us in and we were only able to teach 2. I'm sure this is what a lot of other missions are like all them time, but jeepers. I don't know if I'd be able to make it in a mission like that.

In better news, this weekend one of our investigators got baptized. Awesome! The reason my comp and I are both in white is because he baptized an investigator from his old area which just happens to be right next to ours. So, cool stuff.

Elder Canute

No comments:

Post a Comment