Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conference and Santo Antao








Dear Family,

I hope all of you were able to enjoy conference. Neal said he was only able to catch the priesthood session. Thank the Lord for technology. Neal you can find all of the sessions on the church website and watch them. Unfortunately for my stress level, my companion and I were in charge of setting up an English session of conference for the American missionaries. The only way we were able to work it was to run it from the chapel on the other end of town because the internet in the chapels here is too weak to support both an English and Portuguese transmission at the same time. My comp and I rode the bus more last weekend to get between our house, the distant chapel, and the near chapel than I think I have in the past 9 transfers. We also used our fair share of taxis when we needed to move quickly. We were running around like chickens with our heads cut off as we tried not to be late to sessions and other appointments between sessions. We mostly succeeded. And it was all worth it. This conference was very good. It may be my point of view, but this conference seemed focused 100% on the needs of some of our investigators. I wish we had the conference report now so we could share those talks with them. Maybe I can find them on the church website...

Also, wednesday and thursday my comp and I went to Santo Antao for a division. It went well. But then we returned to Santo Antao today for our Zone Activity. We took a van to the top of this mountain and then walked the trail down. It was way fun. The views were awesome. But we got back a little late.

In fact the reason I am sending this so late instead of just waiting until tomorrow at lunch or something and proselyting right now like I'm supposed to is because I'm locked out of my house. I didn't forget my keys. In fact we have them with us. But for some reason or other, or key isn't opening our door. I think the lock is busted on the inside. This isn't the first time it's happened. Our landlord lives next door and we would have been able to get into our house from his roof, but he wasn't home. So we're waiting for him to get home so we can get into our house. Proselyting is a little difficult in plain clothes and without scriptures. I'm just saying.

Well, that's all for today. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I know a lot are of me, but that's just how it goes. I really didn't take that many with me I just happened to upload most of them instead of the other scenery pictures I had. Of which there are not a few.

Until next time,

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment