Sunday, August 14, 2011

Third Wheel

Dear Family,

This effect our triplet companionship came into play as was intended from the beginning. Elder Josephson went with President Oliveira to do some trainings and meetings in Mindelo while Elder Fonseca and I stayed in our area and worked like real missionaries do. Elder Josephson really liked Mindelo. It was his first time off of this island. With my history in the mission, I´m not worried about traveling. I could stay here the rest of my time easy. But it just depends on what goes down.

As far as the home front, we worked. It was kind of like when you were a kid digging a hole to china in our backyard. You started out all excited and just going at it and all that. After a while you start hitting some rocks but that doesn´t really get you. You just work around them and keep going. But you get to that point where it´s all clay and rocks and you just aren´t making any progress. I just hope that it only seemed like we didn´t make progress but secretly something is going on somewhere that I haven´t noticed. I´m just saying, yesterday we taught one single lesson. And we walked a lot.

That´s ok though. Today is P-day! And there´s not much a good p-day can´t fix. Or a good nights sleep. Or video games. wait.

I heard you all had a great time at Bear Lake. Well, most of you. Grant mentioned some vomiting there at the end, not pleasant. But I´m glad you all had a good time.

The gospel is true. Endure to the end is an eternal principle. That includes missionary work, church callings, and school. So just because things aren´t going the way we thought they should doesn´t mean there isn´t a window opening.

Love,

Elder Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment