Sunday, March 14, 2010

This computer is terrible

8 February, 2010
Dear Family,

Oh for the days when I had my own computer that functioned correctly. It takes about 5 minutes to upload a single picture on the computer so there isn´t much chance for me to get one sent in my limited time. I´ll keep trying and I´ll develop pictures every so often and send them home, but as far as in emails, tough luck. Also, if you ever get around to sending thumb drives that would be pro.

This week was pretty cool. We had a zone conference. It was all in portuguese so I only got 70% or so. But I guess that´s better than nothing. The lunch we had was also very good. I had steak. I also drank a lot of soda. I´m not sure whether it was the soda or the steak, but the next day my stomache was punching me and Montezuma was exacting his most glorious revenge. Which may have been a good thing considering the frequency, or rather infrequency, in which I had previously been recycling my food. Gotta love it.

Also we had a division on friday. I went to Assomada with one of the Zone leaders while the other came to Praia to work with Elder Rodrigues because he is the District Leader. Assomada is pretty cool. You might consider googling it. And Praia. Assomada is cooler, temperature wise, than praia. It´s also greener. And there are some sweet mountains. I´m not sure how many of you were aware, but I´m kind of a big fan of mountains. The drive to assomada was about 45 minutes and it was a lot of winding mountain roads. You could see the volcano of Fogo in the distance from assomada. So that was pretty neat.

Also, we had our first baptism on saturday. Well, my first. The ward mission leader did the actual baptising, but he was the first of my investigators to be baptised. It was freaking awesome. We have another one this coming saturday which I´m really excited for.

This past sunday we took 2 of our nigerian investigators to church. Because they don´t speak english I had to translate for them. the whole 3 hours. I was totally exhausted after that. There are other american missionaries in our branch, but they don´t like translating and avoid it at all costs. I´m not a big fan of translating, but these people come to church to be edified and if they don´t understand what´s going on, how are they going to be edified? What´s going to motivate them to keep coming and eventually make that convenant of baptism which is required for their salvation? It´s hard to translate, but the Lord supported me last sunday and he will continue to do so as I exercise my faith and continue to help these Nigerians to hear the word of God despite the difficulty.

I love you

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment