Sunday, March 14, 2010

Insert Witty Title Here

Dear Family,

I hope my blog is still being updated. I can´t remember what the site is either. that´s ok, it´s not like I´m reading it.

This past week has been pretty cool i guess. So, let´s get started.

First off, the other day I learned that my companion, Elder Rodrigues, is a male nurse. Due to some misunderstanding on my part I had always thought that he was an IT guy or did something with technology and computers. Nope, he´s a nurse. There´s nothing wrong with that, I was just a little surprised. Not expecting that at all.

Also, I saw a little child the other day that reminded me of Caleb brown. He did this thing with his face where he opened his eyes and mouth really wide that just made me think of that Brown boy. Over the course of my time here I have also seen 3 different children who reminded me of Bradley Morgan. If any of my high school friends that know Brad read this, I know they will laugh out loud. That´s why it´s important to update my blog and tell people that it exists, so little jewels like this can be appreciated.

So yesterday we ate at a members house again. Every week we eat sunday lunch at this member´s house and it´s always rice and beans with some sort of meat. This week´s meat was deep fried tuna. I didn´t eat tuna a whole lot back home, but since I´ve been here I´ve realized that I really like tuna. I never disliked it back home, but it´s good. Maybe it´s just the whole africa deal. Also yesterday we ate some soup that had goat liver in it.

Oh yea fam, I haven´t escaped the goats here. I see goats around the city. In fact, yesterday I saw a herd of goats running down the street. It´s funny to me. I also saw a woman carrying her purse on her head and another woman filing the bottom of her foot. I guess walking around alot gives you some nasty callous.

It´s also funny to see things that remind me of home. For example the other day I saw a shirt that said ´I gotta have more cowbell!´ the dude with that shirt probably had no idea what it said or meant, just that it had english on it. I laughed out loud. Also, they play american movies here all the time and I saw a glimpse of Home Alone 3 and recognized Scarlett Johannsen.

I realized last week that some of the pictures I sent were very large. I also realized that they were old pictures of my apartment, so I´m sending a more comprehensive group. Also some of the other elders here. Maybe next week I´ll send some of me.

Shoot, out of time.

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment