Monday, January 18, 2010

Jan 13, 2010



Dear Fam,
So, I had my email written with 5 seconds to spare and the window closed so no email. Sorry. But if you could type this up and put it on my blog, that would be pro..
So I got my flight plans the other day. I fly out the 19th at 9 am and I fly to Boston where I have a 5 hour layover. yay. Then I fly straight to Cape Verde where I will arrive roughly 10:00 am the 20th. I fully expect to get right to work, so I hope I am able to sleep during the travel.
I also anticipate not being able to understand anything once I get there because I'm learning Portugues and they speak Creole. I'm planning on meeting with some teachers here who served in Cape Verde and getting a little orientation so I'm not 100% lost when I get there.
Last Tuesday I got to see Grant, which was really cool. We only got half an hour, but that was still awesome. It stink that it's going to be 2 more years before I see anyone again, but Grant did give me some more white shirts and his mission triple combination. That's sweet. I plan on taking full advantage of those.
It's a shame my email died, because I can't remember all the things I said. Sad day.
But really, this week wasn't terribly eventful.
Irmao Paries came back from break which was cool.
Oh, I'm sending pictures. Yea, but you should know that. In fact, you knew that before you read this. hmmmmm.... but as I was saying, I am planning on sending more before I leave so you know everyone in my district and all of my teachers. I'm having to acquire picture from the other Elders from before I got my camera. That will be neat. I also got pictures of Grant while he was here. The card you sent was huge, which is cool. If I ever fill it, I'll just send it home.
America, sorry for dropping the ball on Christmas. I'm glad Mom was able to take care of that. Also, it's nice to hear about what's going on with your family...keep writing!
Cookie, thanks for the update.. I'm sorry your children are sick and difficult. I'm sure those moments when they are cute and happy make up for it.
I hear the farm got a new stove. I'm sure yo find Christian curled up in front of it often. Where I'm going, yo don't need a heater. Ever. It'll be interesting to go from Utah winter to Cape Verde winter. Or in other words, cold to hot.
Thanks for writing. Keep it up. Don't worry about me, I'm on the Lord's errand and He'll be watching over me.
I love you all,

Elder Canute Peterson

P.S. I will call home during my lay over some time during the hours of 4 and 10 pm EST. PPS Forward Josh's letter to him, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment