Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jan 2, 2010



Christmas was good. I hope you have all received the letters I sent by now. This week has gone by pretty quickly. The language is going well. My district is pushing to stop speaking English until we leave. Of course there will be situations that we'll have to speak English, such as when speaking to people that don't speak Portuguese, obviously.

I'm pretty excited for Grant to head out to BYU. I haven't heard from Christian in a while. You alive bud? If you write me I'll write you. That's the rule. What do you think of my envelope art? I have to concentrate a chunk of P-day to pump those out. It's a little difficult because I make an effort to make every one different. It's quite the exercise in creativity.

It's dry here. My knees crack because of this and the constant prayer. Vaseline saves knees. My companion's knees actually started to bleed at one point. Visas have started coming for missionaries going to Brazil.

Elder Arnett was temporarily assigned with his district to Salt Lake South until he gets his visa. Tough to believe that I'm heading out to the field in 2.5 weeks. My zone leaders went to Mozambique just last Monday. Crazy! I remember a statistic that only about 1% of all missionaries called go to an African mission. What are the odds?! Well, 1 in 100 I suppose.

Anyways, nothing really exciting happened this week that I didn't mention in my email. I love you all! Keep writing.

Elder Canute Russell Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment