Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas!

This is actually quite late, I am just now getting it posted... but you all understand, I'm sure.

Dear Family,

It's P-Day!!! Happy P-day! cough, I mean, Merry Christmas. The devotional this morning was by Elder L. Tom Perry and on Tuesday we saw Neil L. Anderson. It was pretty legit. My companion right now is Elder Brown. My original companion was Elder Teilor, but he went to Canada early because he speaks Portuguese already. I was in a trio companionship for a few days, but last week one of the elders went home. It was sad. So now it's just me and Elder Brown. He's a riot by the way. He quotes Nacho Libre, Napoleon Dynamite, Hot Rod, and pretty much every other awesome movie out there. He is a man after my own heart.

I will try to be on later tonight, but there are no promises. When I next get on I will have but 15 minutes. I'm going to say i will try to get on at 1:30 Utah time but I make no promises.

Christmas here is nice because it is all so Christ focused. Not many places can say that these days. I enjoyed the ties, especially the really ugly one. I will wear it tomorrow. The chocolates will be enjoyed.

be on later

elder peterson

(and an addition sent via snailmail...)


This is what I would have written if I was able to get back on my email. So, the talent show today was awesome. There were funny missionary song parodies, good music, a group of elders were human bagpipes, one elder made road runner with ballons, and another elder did a techno dance to a primary song. It was legit. One Elder took the song Santeria by sublime and parodied it calling it Santa Maria and talking about getting his visa to Brazil. A couple elders sang "Tracting in a Winter Wonderland. All in all it was pretty sweet. And I did manage to get my laundry done. Woot.

Also, my socks have been rubbing the hairs of of my legs so I have huge patches where the hair is shorter than the rest of my legs. Its obnoxious.

There is an elder who looks exactly like Matt Damon. Ill try to get a picture to prove it.

This next question is for Sarah or anyone else who is familiar with Battlestar Galactica and time to check IMDB.com. Its the actor who plays Admiral Adama the same actor who plays the teacher in the calculus movie 'stand and deliver'?

And the picture on page 107 of Preach my gospel looks kind of like Kevin Spacey and one of the Cylons on battlestar galactica.

Grant will get this one maybe. Street fighter named Akama. If you aren't familiar google it or ask Coleman, Pearce, David, or Aaron Marshall, cause they know. But like I was saying, street fighter character named Akama, almost the Portuguese word for bed. Its probably not as funny to you as it was to me, but I had this mental image of Akama in the bed that's way too small for him and he's just scowling. Maybe I'll put it on one of my envelopes. We'll see.

It's dry here, vaseline saves lives. And by lives, I mean hand and knees and elbows. Especially knees cause we pray a lot here. Last night we had a special Christmas devotional. The best part was when we sang the 12 days of Christmas MTC style. 1- Rock Solid testimony 2- free haircuts 3- new companions 4- chocolate milks 5- hours of gym (we went wild for that one) 6- thirty wake up 7- lukewarm showers 8- hours of rest 9- outbound calls 10- new commandments 11- Loads of laundry 12- hours of study

Tonight, or just now, we had a fireside by Greg Olson, who is a painter and did several of the pictures of Christ in Preach my gospel. Look him up, his stuff is good. his devotional as also good.

I don't know if any of you are aware, but I went to the dentist the other day to check out one of my teeth which was particularly sensitive. It felt like a part of the outer covering of my tooth had come off somehow. Turns out, it had. Apparently I grind my teeth. i dont now if its subconscious when I'm awake or when I sleep like Merrilee, but apparently this causes micro fractures in my teeth, and part of the outside fell off. But, and this is important, its not serious. The dentist gave me some special toothpaste to strengthen my teeth and reduce the sensitivity, but my tooth is fine. There is no decay or anything. The tooth will be fine. aHe said even if I did nothing my whole mission it would be fine. But, I'm still watching my sugars and acids more carefully than before. And I'm working on reducing stress and not grinding my teeth. Hopefully this will come to pass and my teeth will survive in Africa...

I'm doing well, love you all!

Canuters

No comments:

Post a Comment