Monday, August 9, 2010

Dear Diary



Dear Family,

Due to the incredibly weak nature of my previous emails, I brought my journal with me to help me remember some of the things that happened in the past week. Now we'll see if my journal writing is any better than my letter writing. Because if I just wrote
today we worked again” it won't really help. Actually, I know my journal writing is better than that. However, I recently filled my last journal and my new journal only has entries of the past 3 days. So... I'll see if I can't fill in some of the blanks.

So, last Friday there was a wedding for a member in the church in preparation for their trip to the temple. Some of you might wonder at this thinking "why would they get married civilly? Now they have to wait a year before they can go to the temple." That may be in the US but that
' not how it is here because in the US a temple marriage is legally recognized but in Brazil, where most people here go to be sealed, a temple marriage is not legally recognized so you have to be married civilly first and then get sealed. We didn't go to the wedding but it happened. So I just thought I'd mention it.

Sunday was fast Sunday. I ate a delicious break the fast. I'll try to attach a picture.

Monday we worked and stuff.

Tuesday was the Zone Leaders Conference. That didn't
affect us directly in the morning, but that night we housed 2 of the Zone Leaders. Interestingly enough, the Zone Leaders we hosted were my first 2 companions. So my trainer, Elder Rodrigues, and my office trainer, Elder Isaacson, are now companions. So Tuesday night, I had all 3 of my companions up to now in the same apartment. It was pretty cool. Also, earlier that evening, Elder Shelhamer and I had a little birthday party for one of our investigators who turned 18. We made cupcakes. I also got thinking about how Christian turns 18 this year. That's Crazy! I remember turning 18. Man, time goes by.

Wednesday morning we took all the Zone Leaders to the airport. We made 2 trips, one for the Zone Leaders going back to Mindelo, and one for the Zone Leaders going back to Fogo. So that took all morning, robbing us of our precious study time. It also took away our morning preparation time for showering and eating, so we did that after taking the Zone Leaders to the airport which made us late getting to the office. Fortunately, that didn't
matter too much as we didn't have very much to do. Then we had district meeting. After District meeting we all ate lunch together. It was yummy. The Sisters made it. We supplied dessert.

Also, Wednesday it rained. It was the first real rain of the year. Unfortunately Cape Verde doesn't
really have the best smell, and it smells even worse wet. Yesterday it rained again longer and harder. That was really cool though because I got to drive through some heavy rain and semi flooded streets to the office.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy my picture of food and rain. And I'm
out of time.

Loves,

~Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment