Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lazy Sunday



Dear Family,
the title of my email is a misnomer. Because on a mission there is no such thing as a lazy sunday.
This week was pretty eventful and uneventful at the same time.
On Tuesday we had Zone Conference. It went pretty well. Elder Tom and I gave a training and President Neves gave us a few more. Over all was long, but we got some good stuff out of it.
On Friday Elder Tom got sick. That was unfortunate. When you are in school staying home is cool because you can watch movies or get on the internet or do other stuff. On the mission, staying home is worse than going out and working because there is nothing to do at home except read scriptures which we already do all the time. I read a lot in the Old Testament. Fortunately I got past most of the really boring stuff in Numbers and started into Moses' discourse in Deuteronomy which is pretty interesting. But it got old fast. I slept a lot. Which was nice at first because missionary work is tiring, but after a while it got old as well. Later we got a member to lend us a guitar. That helped. But due to his sickness we weren't able to work all Friday or saturday morning. And we've been kind of taking it slow the past few days as he has been recovering.
The party you had for Grant, Dad, Luke, and Megan sounded really cool. I'm sad I missed it. Also, happy belated birthday to all related parties. I remembered last week that those birthdays would be happening but I forgot to write a note about it. Oh well, the email would either have been early or late since none of the birthdays fell on my P-day.
I attached pictures of the beach we run on in the mornings. But I forgot to change my camera settings so the pictures are roughly the size of Texas. Sarah can relate.
Tomorrow I head back to Praia for a Zone Leaders' Council, so I'll let you know how that pans out.
Dang, my time ran out too fast today. Well, thanks for all the letters and stuff. Until next time,
~Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment