Monday, August 16, 2010

To Mordor!






Dear Family,

We got the transfer list and I´m headed to Mordor. I mean Fogo. Fogo is an island west of Santiago, which is the island I´m on right now. Fogo is also a really big volcano. So, that´s really cool. I will also be Zone Leader. Hmm... out of the frying pan and into the fire or so they say. Did I mention that "fogo" means ´fire´ in Portuguese?

I´m headed out on Monday. The cool thing is that I will have P-day again on Monday. So today I will focus more on reading emails and I will write a bigger more in depth letter on Monday. And I will be able to tell you a little about my journey to Mordor. Another cool thing is that on Fogo they often take a Zone Activity to climb the volcano. So I will climb up to Mount Doom! And destroy the ring of power once and for all. Ok, I know I´m a Lord of the Rings nerd. And now you know too.

Also, Monday will now be my normal P-day again and will probably stay that way for the rest of my mission. Just letting you know.

Oh yea, and I´m attaching pictures. One picture from the baptism we had last Saturday. One is of an investigator we have been teaching for months and only now marked for baptism on September 4th. Which I´m going to miss. Dang. Another picture of one of our recent converts and his family.
And some drawings. Spirit Prison should speak for itself. For the floor I was trying to go for a look like the floor was the sky. Or something. Then there´s The Office. I´m Kevin in accounting if anyone asks. I figured out that this picture is kind of funny if you work in the mission office but don´t know the show. It´s pretty funny if you get The Office but don´t work in our mission office, and it´s only really funny when you understand both. So, go me for an inside joke that only I get. But I guess as far as a picture goes it´s not bad.

Well, until Monday-

~Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment