Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I wish I Had Had My Freaking Camera.

Dear Family,

Today we were supposed to go to the Volcano but weather didn´t permit. And the Assistants just called and told us there was a storm headed our way. So yea.

As far as the title of todays email, this past week I did a division on the other side of Fogo to Mosteiros and it was Awesome. First of all, it was all green. Which is really nice. It made my mission seem more like a tropical island mission than a desert island mission, which is how it has seemed up to this point. The rainy season makes such a difference. Also, I saw a double rainbow. And one of the rainbows was super strong. It almost looked like someone had colored the rainbow into the sky. Man, I wish I had had my camera. Oh, and in the division we hiked up a mountain to an area that was higher up. So that made for some very scenic opportunities. It was so beautiful. Too bad I didn´t have my camera. Also, that night that side of the mountain lost power. So while we walked back to the apartment, we gazed into the night sky. It was really awesome. It was very clear, no pollution, no distracting lights, just the stars. You could clearly see the galaxy matter that was up there. I don´t think I´ve ever seen so many stars before in my life. It was quite the division.

In other news, we think Elder Tom may have had dengue over the past few weeks. The symptoms he has been having fit. But we never did go to the hospital so we don´t know for sure. But he´s good now. So that´s good.

But next week is District Conference and we have a ton of trainings as well. It will be an interesting week.

Well, my time is up. So sorry it´s not much today. Until next time.

Elder Peterson

1 comment: