Monday, September 27, 2010

And I was Like, 'Emilioooooo!'














Dear Family,
There is a taxi driver here that we use a lot who's name is Emilio. One time we passed him on the street and I was like, ''Emiliooooo!'' True story.
Also, I heard a few weeks ago that Elder Tom's mom had found as was reading my posted letter/blog. So shout out to Elder Tom's mom.
Dad, when I was getting ready to go you gave me a handful of little knick knack things that were just in case and may come in handy. Well this past transfer I've been using the little inch tall can opener deal a lot because the one in our house doesn't have a knob. So, little thing came in handy.
Last week was pretty crazy. So I already told about the volcano climb, but then on wednesday we headed to Brava. Pictures attached. So that was just like an Indiana Jones adventure, proselyting aside. But their bathroom was tiny. As in their shower was built into the wall right in front of the toilet. So technically you could take care of two types of business at once. If that was your style. I also saw a really big spider in one of our lessons.
And of course we hiked through the mountains all green and wonderful. I attached a picture of a flowering tree. Trees like that were literally everywhere.
One unfortunate thing that has happened is I got a bad case of leprosy lip. Or that's how it looked. On the climb up the volcano I apparently burned my bottom lip really bad. While that was healing I got a really bad cold sore that eventually took over the left half of my bottom lip. Super gross. Right now I'm trying to attach a picture of that, but we'll see how that works with this computer. But that's healing slowly but surely.
And then on Saturday we had a baptism. It was way awesome. Her name is Joseila, but everyone calls her Luta. She's been wanting to get baptised for a while now, but we wanted to make sure she was ready. Then we had District Conference which pushed it back even more. But she'll be a strong addition to the branch. I'll get pictures up when I get a chance.
Today is the first day of a new transfer. Elder Tom was sent back to Praia and I am now with Elder Silva. I had a really great time with Elder Tom this past transfer and I was sad that I wouldn't have one more, but I suppose the Lord needs him to train one last little greeny before his time in the mission is up.
Oh, and one last thing. I recently learned that my mission president said we could email our friends as long as we make sure to write our families and him first. Priorities and such. So that should incentive some of my friends to write me.
Well, that's all. I should be getting a haircut today. We'll see.
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment