Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And Then There Were 4

Dear Family,
Last monday I got a call from President Neves regarding some housing changes in my area. Before, the sisters lived with the missionary couple, we lived in our own house and another companionship lived up in their own house. Well, a different couple came and found their own house and the house the sisters were in was too big for one companionship. Also, President decided to close the other Elders´ house. So my companion and I moved with the other 2 Elders into the big house and the sisters moved into my old house. Which was sad because I liked that house. So I got the call on Monday, made arrangements that night (which was pretty stressfull), then moved on Tuesday.
But this house is pretty cool as well. First of all, it´s really big. But it´s on the first floor so it doesn´t have as good a view. But it´s got a lot more and better eating and cooking utensils which is sweet. And living with 4 elders in a house is a pretty neat experience so far. It´s different, but still good.
Friday morning Elder Silva and I went to Praia for the Zone Leaders´ counsel. That was really good. We discussed challenges in the mission and talked about how to resolve them. President Neves talked a bit about giving and receiving correction followed by some correction for us and our zones. And then on Saturday morning we got back in Fogo, just in time to clean up a little bit and go watch conference.
Watching General Conference was a big deal because they had never watched Conference in Fogo before. But they had gotten a projector and we set it up and got some other key items together and managed to watch every session of conference. So yesterday we had regular church because they hadn´t planned on conference either, then lunch. Then in the afternoon we ran a Conference Marathon, 6 hours straight of good ol´ Conference goodness. We watched the priesthood session in between sunday sessions because that was transmitted last night at 11 our time. Now I can add that to the list of marathons I have watched, including starwars and Lord of the rings.
And then, due to the fact that we had elders come in from other areas to watch conference and the new housing situation, we had 8 elders (including us) in our house last night. It was nuts.
My lip is almost completely healed, just a little scabbing is left.
And this morning we played soccer on the black sand beach. When we got done, my arms and legs were completely covered in sand because I had been goalie. I joked that I was now Cape Verdeian. I´m out of time now, but I´ll try to send pictures of that next week.
Thomas S. Monson is God´s prophet. The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are prophets, seers, and revelators. The words we heard in Conference were inspired by God and His Holy Spirit, and as we apply what we heard in our lives, we will be blessed.
~Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment