Monday, October 25, 2010

The Longest Day






Dear Family,

I finally managed to attach pictures this week. But it took up quite a chunk of my time so I will be brief.

This past week I went to the island of Brava again. It is still a really cool island. However, I went with the Elder that was doing contacts all day. Unlike in more urban areas, doing contacts in Brava isn´t just going door to door. It´s like an adventure through Middle Earth trying to find the elves. Only instead of elves we found a lot of old Cape Verdeian women who were strong Nazarenes. But we did walk along cobblestone paths through trees and up mountains and stuff. It rained a little while we were there but that didn´t impede in our work. Also we passed by a house with a monkey, so I attached a picture of that. I also attached a picture of the view of Fogo from Brava. It´s really cool. Seeing Fogo at night was even cooler. I could see my area, São Filipe, full of lights and other smaller patches of light from the other villages around Fogo.

Then when we got back to our area I had another really long day that went like this. We´d go to our appointment and they wouldn´t be there. So we´d wait 15 or so minutes to see if they´d show up. They didn´t. Then we´d go to Plan B and wait for a little, but they wouldn´t be there or show up while we were there. Then we´d go do contacts. We had 2 lessons the entire day. I figure that´s probably what a mission in the states is like. It was long and frustrating.

On saturday we were supposed to have our correlation, but our new Branch Mission Leader had only been called the week before and I suppose no one talked to him about when our correlation was. So we just ended up going to the Branch Council the next day.

I still play the piano in church every Sunday. I have improved a little but not much, because I don´t have any time to practice. Just a few minutes before church on Sunday. Fortunately I have a Simplified Hymnbook which helps with some hymns, but it doesn´t have all of them. Blah.

The other pictures I attached are of me being black because of the black sand beach we played soccer on a few weeks ago, the really long sandwhich I ate at the last Zone Leaders´ Council, and our last Zone Conference.

Thanks for the news from Dad, Bonnie, and Grant. Getting emails rocks.

Elder Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment