Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Handy Handkerchief





Dear Family,

There are certain things that you sometimes carry around and you're not sure why until the moment when that thing becomes very useful. For example, my entire mission I have carried a white handerkerchief folded up in my back pocket. I have used it on a few occasions to wipe the sweat from my brow but it was never that necessary. This past week, however, I had a really bad cold. It was never enough to keep me home, but I have had a really runny nose almost constantly. And suddenly that white handkerchief became very useful. Fortunately I have several so I have been able to rotate clean handkerchiefs and not have to reuse the same mucus covered cloth. Thank goodness.

This past week I have also been on the hunt for American peanut butter. There is a little side shop here that sells it but the trick is to pass by when it's open since it doesn't have regular hours. And the hunt continues...

Here in Mindelo we have a larger concentration of Elders and members and easier access to sports facilities. Because of this we play soccer Monday mornings and Basketball Friday mornings. It is most enjoyable. But I still prefer soccer. I'm tall, which helps in basketball, but I'm not the most coordinated. And any of my brothers will be able to tell you that I was never the best shot. But it is still fun.

Last week we had a division to the island of Santo Antao to a new area which just opened this transfer. I've been pretty lucky as far as that kind of thing is concerned. First Brava and now Santo Antao. There were already elders in Santo Antao, but they opened a new area on the other side of the island. It was nice. I sent some pics. One is a nasty dog we saw there. joy.

Well, the gospel is true. One thing just came to mind that I remember Elder Holland saying in a talk to us at the MTC. He said that everything we want for our investigators, Heavenly Father wants for us. We want them to accept the gospel and gain a testimony. We want them to keep commitments. We know they need to repent. God wants us to gain a testimony, keep our covenants and repent as well. Let us all follow the example of Christ that through Him we may become clean.

Love,

Elder Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment