Monday, February 28, 2011

The Kingdom is Like Unto a Chocolate Cake

Dear Family,
I was reading about Christ's use of parables in James E. Talmage's Jesus the Christ and I decided that I would like to try and teach using parables. The problem is a lot of people here have a hard time grasping the simple basics of the gospel even when they are taught clearly, simply, and straightforward. So I suppose my venture into the depths of figurative language will have to wait.
In other news, this past week I once again voyaged to the island of Santiago. Mom I don't know where to find a map of the island I'm on but I'll ask around. Also, I forgot to mention that here in a little I am going to need new razor heads. Gilette Fusion. They don't have those here.
Also, Cookie, I received your valentines day package the other day. It was joyfully received.
This past week we had some really slow days and some pretty good days. One we walked a lot. And taught very little. The other we still walked a lot but we also taught quite a bit. Whoever called this a walking mission wasn't kidding. A car would be really nice. But also a lot of work. Cleaning, repairs, upkeep, etc.
We had a cleaning check that went well. It certainly should have, I spent my lunch hour the day before sweeping and mopping. Did I mention that my house is a pain to clean? And that it's massive? Yea.
But thanks to all for emails and packages and goodies.
Love,
Elder Canute

No comments:

Post a Comment