Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chillin on the Beach







Dear Family,

This past week has been relatively calm despite my initial fears. But I still have worries about this just being the still before the storm. My future Mission President gets here on Tuesday. My current mission President leaves next Wednesday. And then all the meetings and conferences and stuff start. But I´ve enjoyed the opportunity up to now to be able to go out and work in my area just like every other missionary. We´ve done pretty well in finding new people to teach all the while continuing to help our current investigators progress.

Recently I´ve also had the opportunity to share my talents with others. It´s never been a secret in the mission that I like to draw. And after seeing a few examples of the envelope art I´ve sent home (I take pictures of them before I send them) the senior couple here decided to have me draw something for the newsletter. And my mission President had me draw a graphic for one of his last firesides. And I´m not sure if you remember the picture I emailed home about Christmas time that I drew of Cape Verde, but everyone that sees it requests a copy. Here, I´ll attach it again for easierness sake. Speaking of sending pictures, trying to send pictures at the beginning of my mission was a nightmare. But Windows 7 has made it easy as a dream. So, thanks Microsoft for all you do for the missionary community.

Today, being P-day, we did our office activity. I don´t know if I ever mentioned that there are now Sisters in the office, but there are. I sent a picture of the other missionaries that I took in the tunnel we walked through to get to the black sand beach in Tarrafal. The Elder second from the right is my companion. I attached another picture of him sitting in the sand. He´s Brazilian. It was really nice to just sit on the beach and chill. We didn´t have to worry about any office work or anything. We played a little frisbee and then we made a sand castle on the shore and made walls to try and protect it from the waves. It kind of worked. But now I´m all covered in sand and grit which is no fun. We came straight from the beach to here. The Hiace (van) rides to and from Tarrafal were long and I didn´t fit very well with my long legs. And the tunnel to the beach was short and I am not so that also provided for some back acheage.

There´s another picture of me at an FHE doing a line of shoulder leaning starting from tall to small. The Elder in that picture is not my companion.

Thanks for your love and support!

Elder Canute



No comments:

Post a Comment