Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Belated(?) Memorial Day





Dear Family,

This letter was supposed to be written and sent to you on Monday like usual. Unfortunately, after reading several of your emails the power went out here in Mindelo. So I wasn't able to write back. I wouldn't written on Tuesday but I was in Praia for a Zone Leaders Council. And I almost didn't get to write today because today is Day of the Children here in Cape Verde. Apparently they take this holiday very seriously because everything was closed this morning. And they don't even have school today. I kind of got frustrated when I saw that everything was closed this morning because my email time is something I take very seriously. But we found some time to get this taken care of.

So this past week we had some specialized trainings. We had 4 days on Thursday from 10-4 with a lunch break in between then another 4 on Friday from 9-4. Elder Smith and I gave a training each day. The district leaders each gave one training on one of the days and President Neves and the Assistants gave the other trainings. Those were some long days. After the trainings we had divisions with the other Elders who had come for the trainings. That was a good chance for Elder Smith and I to split up with these other Elders and find more people to teach in our area since that is currently our biggest challenge.

On Monday we cleared off our roof because it was a mess and a half and we're trying to fix the water pump. But we need a crescent wrench and we don't have one. We didn't have power in our house all day. When we went to the internet place it had power but it went out soon after starting. We took a plane that night to Praia for the Zone Leaders Council. There we got the last official word from our current Mission President. The new president comes on June 28th and the Zone Leaders will have a meeting with him the 29th or 30th. We have transfers this coming Monday so I'm not sure where I'll be when the new mission president gets here.

I was going to our District Meeting this morning and I saw this really nasty dog so I took a picture for your viewing pleasure. And I got one last picture with President Neves. Good stuff.

Elder Canute


No comments:

Post a Comment