Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Like Mommy

Dear Family,

Today I used something I learned from Mom. I woke up and started cleaning. I started with the general stuff and the other Elders cleaned their stuff. Then I started cleaning the kitchen. I started by myself, wiping down cupboards, cleaning out cupboards etc. Then one Elder walked in and I asked if he wanted to help. He said sure so I gave him a job. Another Elder walked by (I live in a house with 4 Elders) and he didn´t look busy so I asked if he was busy. He said no so I put him to work as well. Whenever they finished one thing I got them working on another thing. The last Elder walked in about halfway through but I didn´t have anything for him to do in the kitchen so I had him clean the bathroom so he could feel useful. Of course this whole time I was still cleaning, not simply delegating. But we got that kitchen cleaner than it has been in quite a while, in just a short time. Many hands make short work.

I was going to send pictures, but I forgot to bring my camera to the internet place. Next week.

I don´t know about you guys, but this whole Friday p-day thing is messing with my groove.

This week was actually quite normal for the most part. The only really crazy thing that happened was that a new senior couple showed up that no one was expecting. Well, we were expecting them, but not for a few more days. So we had to pick them up, book a hotel, and buy their flights. That was Saturday. Then on Monday we woke up at 4:30 to take them to the airport. That was crazy. And made me very tired. I don´t expect I will catch up on that sleep during my mission.

Thanks for the emails and letters and stuff.

Elder Canute



No comments:

Post a Comment