Saturday, October 1, 2011

Santa Maria







Dear Family,

This morning my companion(still a temp) and I went to Santa Maria to check it out. Santa Maria is on the south end of Sal. It is a tourist town, mostly because of the beaches. And seeing the photos that I sent you´ll see why. The beaches are really nice. We ended up only staying on the beach for like 5 minutes because I didn´t want to torture myself looking at really clear water and not be able to go in. I also took some pictures of this pirate looking place cuz it looked cool.

I will be with my mini missionary for 2 more weeks, until the transfer.

I´m excited for General Conference and we´re waiting on some scheduling issues to be resolved to know if we will be having baptisms this weekend or the next. Because the week after General Conference is District Conference in Mindelo and the branch leadership will be going. So we don´t know if we´ll have anyone here to do confirmations and whatnot that week. We´ll see.

I hate rice. I´ve been trying to stick to the BRAT diet to clear up my digestional problems, but I can´t handle the rice. And it hasn´t seemed to help anything anyways.

I found a shop here that has a few American odds and ends, so I bought some Kool-Aid, peanut butter, green beans, and a cake mix. When I was back home I wasn´t much of a peanut butter guy, but since being on the mission I love peanut butter. strange how that works.

If you are planning on sending something to me, keep in mind that it generally takes a few weeks to get here so do so soon or simply hold on to it to give to me as a welcome home whatever.

I love my family. (you people)

Elder Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment